CodePlexProject Hosting for Open Source Software
Sending Push Notifications using the ASP .NET MVC 3 Portal
1. Switch to the Web browser and log into the Web application using the following credentials:
User Name: admin
Password: Passw0rd! (with a zero)
2. Once logged in, additional menu options will be shown to manage blobs and to send push notifications.
3. Click the Push Notifications menu option. Here you will see the channel that you requested using the sample Metro app which registered with your Web Role.
4. You can now send your first toast notification to this channel. Select Toast in the first drop-down list and then select the ToastImageAndText01 template.
5. Configure the template column with your Square WindowsAzureLogo.png and type some text into Text Field 1 as per below:
6. Press Send and observe that the Web portal indicates that the message was successfully delivered to WNS and the Toast notification arrives to the Client application.
1. Configure the template column with:
Your wide logo WindowsAzureWideLogo.png
Custom text to be displayed in Text Field 1 and Text Field 2
2. Return to Start by pressing the Windows key ( ) and observe that your Tile notification has now been delivered and is being displayed.
3. After a brief moment, you will see the text you provided peek into the Tile.
1. In the template column select the NewMessage option and press Send.
2. Return to Start by pressing the Windows key ( ) and observe that your Tile has now had the Badge updated to see the NewMessage Glyph type:
Last edited Sep 27, 2011 at 3:57 PM by nharris, version 15