Client project missing for cloud application template

Feb 23, 2012 at 6:25 AM

I made certain the Windows Azure toolkit install (last update datestamp was 2/21/2012) was 100% successful. Then, in going through the Windows Azure Tookit for Windows 8 document, I reached step 9 of the Getting Started section. There was no Client project folder anywhere. What could be my error?

Feb 23, 2012 at 4:25 PM

Ah, I found that the Client Javascript project was placed in the Sample folder in the folder NotificationJS instead of the cloud app template. My error was to follow only the Windows Azure Tookit for Windows 8 docx which is apparently NOT been kept up-to-date. So I will follow the sections under the Documentation tab here together with the document to try to get this cloud app working. 

Coordinator
Mar 2, 2012 at 7:48 PM

Hi toketeeman,

We are currently doing a refresh of the toolkit for the Windows 8 Community Preview.  The documentation you are referring to is out of date.  We added support for both C# and JS client applications.  The client portion of the application is generated by doing a file new project in Dev 11.  You will see that the toolkit installed project templates in visual studio called "Notifications + Access Control Application" under both C# and JS application types.

I have updated the online documentation here - http://watwindows8.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=Starting%20the%20Windows%20Metro%20Style%20App

I will ensure the word doc is updated for the coming release for Windows 8 Community Preview

Kind Regards,

Nick Harris